domingo, 8 de noviembre de 2009

D.H Lawrence


I really enjoyed reading these two short stories from H.D Lawrence. I had not idea about him and his way of writing.

Personally, I like his way of showing us strong topics such as greed, luck, family conflicts and so on, because he develops these issues in a very strong main story. I also like the end of “The Rocking Horse Winner”, because it is completely unexpected. Naturally, after reading the short stories I reflected on them and both let us think forwards. How much money do we need? How much family support do we need? How much abuse are we able to bear?

What called my attention was that both stories end with a death. Perhaps, this is a Lawrence way of putting problems out. In other words, in his style he cut the main issue with death, because it is a way of saying that another story will be written after this matter.

No hay comentarios: